The Bridges of Heywood
This page is updated as new information comes to hand. Any further information that readers can provide on this subject is always welcome.
Heap Bridge: 1884
|Heap Bridge, circa 1910.|
Queen's Park Bridge: 1933
|Queen's Park Road over the bridge.|
Prior to the construction of this large bridge, the road (then known as William Street) only ran as far as the park gates. The name was changed to Queen's Park Road with the opening of the bridge.
Hooley Bridge: ??
Simpson Clough Bridge; Crimble Bridge, Bottom o'th' Brow Bridge - to come