- Who was Living in Heywood in 1655? An early record of the names of those who lived in around Heywood in the 17th century.
- Who Was Living in Heywood in 1820? Discover the names and addresses of Heywoodites almost 200 years ago.
- Heywood People in 1825 A list of some of the people who were living in Heywood in 1825.
- Who Was Living in Heywood in 1841? A list of some of the people living in and around Heywood in 1841.
- Who Was Living in Heywood in 1850? A list of some of the residents in and around Heywood in 1850.
- Who Was Living in Heywood in 1871? A directory listing of many of the people in Heywood in 1871.
- Who Was Living in Heywood in 1880? A list of the names of the residents of a proud and independent town.
- Baptisms, Marriages and Burials in Heywood Links to records of thousands of people who were baptised, married or buried at Heywood churches.
The names here are listed in alphabetical order.
- William Bell (1816-92) Chartist and local Councillor.
- Jane Clough (d. 1853) A 19th-century country botanist.
- Sir Edward W Fithian (1845-1936) Barrister and commerce leader.
- Muldebriar Herrin (d. 1881) A Romany traveller buried at Birch in 1881.
- The Heywood family Some notable members of the Heywood family.
- John Heywood (1808-87) A prominent Heywood resident and local publisher.
- Charles Howarth (1814-68) A central figure in the rise of the great Co-operative movement.
- Albert Lee (1892-1907) The boy who drowned trying to save his friend David Ashworth.
- Local Dealers at Rochdale Markets, 1850s A short description of some of the locals who sold produce at Rochdale.
- Walter Martyn (1886-1911) The last Heywood man to be hanged.
- Charles Newhouse; Michael Rukin; Sarah Jane and Betty Ridings
- Josiah Nuttall (1770-1849) A Heywood ornithologist and taxidermist.
- Harold Pyott (1887-1937) Heywood resident and sideshow performer.
- Jemmy Whitehat An 18th-century 'witch-doctor'
- Adam Whitworth (1817-66) A 19th-century librarian.
- Nancy Wood (1830-45) A River Roch drowning victim.
- Poets, Teetotalers, Antiquarians and Bible Bashers of Victorian Heywood
- Meet the Heywoods: Poetry, Powderplot, Espionage, Mutiny, Slavery... and Lots of Daughters
- Meet the Ancestors: People of Bygone Heywood
Do you have information to share about a historical Heywoodite? Share Your Story Here.